Saturday, January 30, 2010

They Call Me Black And I Am Proud Of It

Aren't pyramids in Africa? If so, weren't they built by people with black skin? I'm told there is a great dream but, why should I learn about a history that won't put food in my Black hand? I'm told a mighty highway was built with learning and books for a proud Black civilization of inventors and educators, but someone has hidden these pages from school children with dreams to hide what is expected of them to keep the wealth from everyday man. Aren't the dark ages of slavery - here today? Why should I learn about a once great Black people: Frederick Douglas and W.E.B. DuBois Malcolm X and Rosa Parks and the good Dr. King and many other African Kings and Queens beyond bright black robes and hats? They can't find this Black man a job? Why do they call me Black, and steal my ancestry and identity from library bookshelves? ... Why do they call me Black and use slavery tricks, lies, and Gestapo tactics to train my own Black people to try to stomp and chop me down to smithereens? ... Why are there some Black people telling of Black-brainwashing, while other new Blacks and other races of people are riding our black broken backs, then helping to drug and cheat our people down to oblivion? ... Why are those old history books and stories so important to you when I can't get decent medical care and when my babies are wondering where we will live and sleep tonight? Once we were African Kings and Queens now aren't we just puppets on a string the black crow is flying, death is in the house, death is no longer just a dream, and Malcolm X's motto has been stolen by race haters - "by any means necessary" is their new motto to keep the Black man beaten down ... So our people no longer dare to dream? When will my people learn the struggle is not outside, its within? It's a self-defeating African American family trained to hate and abuse itself by those who know control and fear will keep our race divided, and that, if you kill the Black family, you crush the African American dream. I say we need an African American Flag in America A flag of what we may someday become so our children and others will know where we came from, what we stand for, and what we are actually made of. And we should fly that flag high in winds proud and strong beneath silver stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment